- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
- CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
- OTHER PROVISIONS
- CONTACT US
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We collect information that you provide to us, information we obtain automatically when you use our Services, and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect personal information that you provide to us.
- Patient Accounts. If you are a Patient, we may collect personal information in connection with the creation or administration of your account, such as your name, email address, phone number, address, health information, details about your medical history, and any other information that you provide to us or that we otherwise collect.
- Clinician/Practice Accounts. If you are a Clinician or an employee of a Practice, we may collect personal information in connection with the creation or administration of your account, such as your name, email address, phone number, address, professional details, whether you work for or are affiliated with a Practice, and any other information that you provide to us or that we otherwise collect.
- Regulatory Information. We may collect personal information where required to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Purchases. We may collect personal information and details associated with your purchases, including payment information. Any payments made via our Services are processed by third-party payment processors. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our Services, but we may receive information associated with your payment card information (for example, your billing details).
- Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal information, such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, we may collect personal information from you in connection with the survey.
- Interactive Features. We and others who use our Services may collect personal information that you submit or make available through our interactive features (for example, messaging and chat features, commenting functionalities, forums, blogs, and social media pages). Any information you provide using the public sharing features of the Services will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein.
- Sweepstakes or Contests. We may collect personal information you provide for any sweepstakes or contests that we offer. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of sweepstakes and contest winners.
- Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may collect personal information from individuals when we attend or host conferences, trade shows, and other events.
- Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
- Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you respond to one of these postings, we may collect your personal information, such as your application, CV, cover letter, and/or any other information you provide to us.
B. Personal Information Collected Automatically
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Services.
- Automatic Collection of Personal Information. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in our Services that collects information about engagement on our Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
- Analytics. We may use Technologies and other third-party tools to process analytics information on our Services. These Technologies allow us to better understand how our digital Services are used and to continually improve and personalize our Services. Some of our analytics partners include:
See “Your Privacy Choices and Rights” below to understand your choices regarding these Technologies.
C. Personal Information Collected from Other Sources
- Clinicians/Practices. We may obtain personal information about you from other Clinicians/Practices that you interact with via our Services or that you otherwise direct to share personal information with us.
- Third-Party Services and Sources. We may obtain personal information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party Services and other organizations. For example, you may direct a Third-Party Service to share your health information with us.
- Referrals and Sharing Features. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities that allow you to provide personal information about your friends through our referral service. Our referral services may also allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Please only share with us contact information of people with whom you have a relationship (for example, relative, friend, neighbor, or co-worker).
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, for administrative purposes, and to market our products and Services, as described below.
A. Provide Our Services
We use your information to fulfil our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
- Connecting you to patient portals to retrieve and download your health data and health insurance data;
- Assisting with the entry of your health data;
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Services.
- Accessing patient education materials and preventive information;
- Providing a directory listing of Clinicians;
- Providing price comparison and cost of care estimation tools for services offered by physicians and other licensed professionals, labs, medications, imaging, and other clinical products or services;
- Conducting patient intake assessments through questionnaires to facilitate symptom-based triage, utilizing patient-provided responses;
- Facilitating chat-based and video-based communication with Clinicians;
- Assisting with the generation of diagnostic orders and retrieval of results, e-prescriptions, and referrals to Clinicians; and
- Collection and processing of payments on behalf of Clinicians and other providers registered with Sigmoid for clinical products and services rendered to or on behalf of patients.
B. Administrative Purposes
We use your information for various administrative purposes, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- Processing applications if you apply for a job we post on our Services;
- Allowing you to register for events;
- Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Improving, upgrading, or enhancing our Services;
- Developing new products and services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions, and other compliance activities;
- Sharing personal information with third parties as needed to provide the Services;
- Enforcing our agreements and policies; and
- Carrying out activities that are required to comply with our legal obligations.
C. Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services
We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law.
Some of the ways we may market to you include email campaigns.
If you have any questions about our marketing practices, you may contact us at any time as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
D. Other Purposes
We also use your personal information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
- With Your Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as demographic information, information about the device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information to third parties for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, to protect us or others, or in the event of a major business transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer, as described below.
A. Disclosures to Provide our Services
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your personal information are described below.
- Others You Share or Interact With. The Services may allow you to share personal information or interact with other individuals or Clinicians/Practices. For example, Patients may share personal information with Clinicians/Practices and Clinicians/Practices may interact with Patients.
Any personal information provided to Practices and/or Clinicians will also be subject to their terms, conditions, and policies.
We are not responsible for the processing of your personal information by other individuals or Clinicians/Practices that you share or interact with.
- Third-Party Services You Share or Interact With. Certain features and functionalities of the Services may link to or allow you to interface, interact, share information with, direct us to share information with, access and/or use third-party websites, services, products, and technology (collectively, “Third Party Services”).
Third-Party Services may include, but are not limited to, diagnostic laboratories, diagnostic imaging centers, home phlebotomy providers, and pharmacies.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers and vendors that assist us with the provision of our Services. This includes service providers and vendors that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
- Business Partners. We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information with business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our company affiliates.
B. Disclosures to Protect Us or Others
We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
5. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
Your Privacy Choices. The privacy choices you may have about your personal information are determined by applicable law and are described below.
- Text Messages. We may use SMS or MMS Text Messages for Multi-factor authentication, for transactional purposes, and for delivery of our Services.
- Mobile Devices. We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may opt out from receiving these push notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device. With your consent, we may also collect precise location-based information via our mobile application. You may opt out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device. However, we strongly recommend you do not opt out of push notifications, as notifications are used for the delivery of our Services.
- “Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Cookies and Personalized Advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android, iOS, and others.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
6. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we may consider applicable legal requirements, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, certain risk factors, the purposes for which we process your personal information, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
7. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth in below.
8. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Services are not directed to children under 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has uploaded personal information to our site without your consent and wish to review information collected from your child, or have that information modified or deleted, you may contact us as described in “Contact Us” below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account, if applicable.
9. OTHER PROVISIONS
Third-Party Websites/Applications/Services. The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for the third party’s actions or omissions, including but not limited to their privacy practices, content of such other websites or applications, and errors or bugs in their software. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
“Personal Information” We Collect: The categories of “personal information,” as defined in the CCPA, that we collect include:
10. Contact Us
Sigmoid Health dba SigmaMD
2855 Kifer Rd Ste 230
Santa Clara, CA 95051-0831